There has been a growing popularity of AI-driven voice assistants in the eCommerce domain. According to experts, it has been estimated that by the end of the year, there will be 21.4 million smart speakers active in the US alone. The demand is expected to rise as the years pass.
AI-powered voice assistants have now become a part of our day-to-day lives. It has played a critical role in changing our economies for good. For example, these devices can play a critical role in Google searches which has made businesses allocate resources to voice assistant SEO.
The other aspect is, with technology growing at the rate of knots, the next logical step is for the natural language processing (NLP) to become more refined in recent times. This has made businesses rely on it for crucial aspects of marketing and sales processes.
It was in August 2018, when Google Assistant started to support multilingual usage. There was a time when it was not possible for users to switch between languages. However, now, with the help of the device’s settings, it is possible to switch their language.
Today, thanks to Google Assistant, you can easily understand two languages at the same time. The Google AI team is now trying to develop a product that can be fluent in three different languages simultaneously.
There are lots of e-grocery stores which are opening up across the USA which are using multilingual voice assistants. These include:
- Huawei has officially announced a new voice-activated virtual assistant that will be available outside China as the tech titan continues to evolve from its own versions of Google’s services.
- Walmart-owned eCommerce giant Flipkart has started a voice assistant for grocery shopping in India.
- It was in August 2019 when Google announced bilingual support that enables the Assistant to ascertain and provide responses in two languages interchangeably.
These companies showcase the fact multilingual voice assistants are now making their presence felt in the e-grocery store domain.
Why Multilingual Support Matters?
According to a Bain and Google Survey that surveyed more than 8,000 U.S. companies, 52% use physical, handwritten lists to plan a grocery trip.
Here are a few reasons why multilingual support matters:
- If you wish to expand your business, creating a multilingual voice assistant is one of the best options available. While you might have the vision of creating a worldwide marketing strategy, it can be extremely costly with no apparent success guarantee. On the other hand, translating a website has now become possible. Take the help from expert developers for multilingual sites, and create a site that is fast, secure, and never crashes.
- When you create a multilingual website, it has a direct impact on sales. For example, Under.me says that it doubled its conversion rate in Germany after translating its website into German. On the other hand, the French version of its website increased the conversion rate in France from 0.67% to 1%.
- The total number of internet users across the globe prefer to browse the website in their native language. According to Internetworldstats.com, only 25.3% of internet users were English native. On the other hand, 2.7 billion people are from non-English speaking countries. That’s a lot of people who will want to browse your website in other languages.
- With the help of a well-translated business site, it is possible to introduce your company to new customers across new markets. A good salesperson would inform you that your pitch needs to be distinct depending on the needs of each person. This can be achieved with the help of a multilingual website.
- A multilingual website will help you to reach more people which will increase your brand awareness. When you start attracting people across the globe they will start connecting with your product or service. This way, you will also be able to differentiate from your competitors. You can even get repeat customers through this process.
Now, the question is whether multilingual voice assistants are key to e-grocery adoption? And what are the benefits that you can get from it?
Benefits of Using Multilingual Voice Assistants for e-Grocery Business
1. Bridge the Void Created by Online Stores while Providing End-to-End Grocery Experience
It has been found that customers used to find it difficult to search for their preferred groceries while doing it online. But, now with the introduction of multilingual voice assistants, your customers can easily search for their preferred groceries while sitting at their couch. This way, it is possible to deliver a positive customer experience while using the e-grocery model.
2. Meet shoppers online
Thanks to multilingual voice assistants, the entire globe has become a very small place. Now, customers can place their orders using a shopping platform while interacting with multiple shoppers at the same time. For example, Flipkart has introduced voice assistant mode on Supermart grocery stores, wherein it is possible to get English and Hindi language compatibility.
3. Customer acquisition
You can acquire more customers when they get to use multiple languages to search for their favorite products online. This also ensures that they have a great online shopping experience which ultimately leads to higher customer acquisition.
From this blog, you might get a clear idea of how multilingual voice assistants for e-grocery shopping are revolutionizing the online stores. Now is the perfect time to transform the traditional way of searching on the web and smartphones. In case you are looking to find out consumers voicing out their search queries, now is the time for it.
With the help of the voice assistant, you can search for e-groceries and select your favorite vegetables & fruits online with the convenience of sitting at your home. All that with the help of a single click! Can it get any better than this?